Wednesday, June 22, 2022
3:00 - 4:00 PM ET | 12:00-1:00 PM PT
Accessibility and inclusion strategies should always be considered before, during, and after an event. Yet, many planners are at a loss for how to create accessible and inclusive events.
Consider that one billion people, or 15 percent of the world's population, experience some form of disability. And in the U.S. alone:
- Twenty percent of the population is deaf or hard of hearing.
- More than 1 million are blind, and more than 12 million have low vision.
- More than 5 million are English language learners.
- More than 40 million Americans likely have a learning disability, although many remain untested or unaware.
Despite ramped-up efforts to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion to respond to warranted social and cultural pressure, organizations are still lagging in ensuring their events are accessible and inclusive to all.
Join our next webinar, in partnership with Webex Events (formerly Socio), as we bring together a diverse set of voices for a frank conversation about the state of accessibility and inclusion. We’ll discuss ways to make events more welcoming and how planners can lead the way in becoming accessibility champions within their organizations for their events.
Learning Outcomes :
- Understand the intersectionality of accessibility today and the crossovers from in-person to digital.
- Learn key steps to take and questions to ask event tech providers to improve digital accessibility.
- Discover important planning considerations to address a wide spectrum of participants’ needs – from mobility and transportation, to hearing and vision, to race and gender identities, and more.
Accessibility for this Webinar
The Event Leadership Institute is committed to learning how to improve our events and technology platform to be more digitally accessible and inclusive to the broadest possible audience.
We are diligently working internally and with our partners and technology providers to actively develop a more accessible experience.
- Read the Webex Events accessibility statement for more information.
- SyncWords will provide live closed captioning and subtitling in English, French, and Spanish.
If you need any assistance with captioning, engaging, or accessing resources, please contact us:
- US & International: + 1 (347) 349-1060
- Toll-Free US & Canada: + 1 (866) 349-1060
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we will do our best to accommodate requests, please note that it may not always be possible to do so for all content or areas of the webinar. We are committed to working together to find a solution as needed.