Share your knowledge and contribute to the growth of the events industry!
Events industry professionals of all levels of experience are invited to submit guest posts for publication on the Event Leaders blog, ELI social media, and in our newsletter.
Guest blog submissions must have an educational benefit to readers in the events industry. Topics must be specifically targeted to events industry professionals and aspiring events industry professionals, such as:
- instructions for event professionals
- tips and tricks for event professionals
- first person experiences about being an event professional
- the things nobody taught you that you want all event professionals to know how to do correctly
All submissions will be reviewed and subject to editing before publication. Posts may be returned to the author for specific revisions, and submissions may be rejected if they do not meet a minimum standard of content, writing skill and coherence. The less editing and revising a post needs, the more likely it is to get published. Write clearly and thoughtfully.
All submissions must be original work and never published online or in print before. Plagiarism checks will be performed.
Submissions should be between 200 and 500 words long. When in doubt about a word, a phrase, or a sentence, cut it.
Submissions should be in a professional tone, but not over-formal. Warmth and humor are welcome in first-person posts but don't go too far. If you have never written for the internet before, aim your tone for what you might find in a magazine. It's not a college essay, but it's also not a 2 am text message to your best friend.
What You'll Get For Your Time
- An author bio and a headshot
- Links to your website and social media accounts
- Exposure to thousands of your industry peers on ELI's website, social media, and weekly newsletter
- An example of professionally-edited published writing for your portfolio
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of your industry and to share your knowledge and experience with learners of all levels
If you are looking for opportunities to sponsor blog posts or educational content, contact Tammy Kockaya at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options, pricing, and benefits.
Ready to Submit Your Post?
Fill out the submission form below!