Job Posting | Sales & Business Development Manager, Event Leadership Institute
POSTED: January 4, 2021
DEADLINE: Until Filled
About Event Leadership Institute
The Event Leadership Institute provides progressive online education, training and professional development programs for event & meeting industry professionals. With an extensive on-demand video class library, as well as instructor-led professional development certificate courses, group training, webinars and more, ELI strives to advance the industry by creating learning opportunities for industry professionals. Learn more here: eventleadershipinstitute.com
About The Position
The Sales & Business Development Manager is an integral part of the Event Leadership Institute team by being the driving force behind generating leads and sales for corporate, group and higher education institution product offerings. This role is responsible for seeking out new business by prospecting for and developing relationships with potential clients from within the meetings and events industry, and ultimately converting leads into customers. This position works closely with ELI’s CEO, President, and Marketing & Content Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Work with the Marketing & Content Manager to identify opportunities and provide feedback on the development of related marketing and lead generation campaigns
• Review, update and manage existing database and lists to identify potential leads
• Qualify leads from marketing campaigns and lists through simple research and/or outreach
• Maintain leads, outreach and sales progress through ELI’s CRM
• Proactively seek new business opportunities by monitoring industry news, forums, and other media to identify potential contacts for outreach
• Report weekly to the CEO and President on sales results and business development activities
• Research and understand the meeting and events industry’s current education needs, as well as the competitive landscape and how ELI differentiates from competition and alternative products and programs
• Maintain a strong familiarity and knowledge of ELI’s products and programs including on-demand library and certificate courses, pricing, and group customization options
• Outreach to potential clients through cold calls, emails, or introduction via social media platforms and industry forums.
• Schedule meetings with potential clients to identify and understand their needs, and provide more information on ELI’s products and programs
• Prepare proposals with appropriate product solutions that address the client’s direct education or professional development needs
• Follow up with potential clients on a regular basis to provide updated or new information and to nurture relationships
• Maintain accurate records of all sales activities and progress in ELI’s CRM
• Facilitate meetings and assist ELI’s education team to on-board new clients as needed
• Work with ELI’s finance team to arrange billing and payments. Follow up with clients that are behind if necessary.
• Participate in product development, marketing and/or reporting meetings as needed
• Review customer surveys, and follow up with customers to help identify possible improvements to ELI’s services, as well as maintain long-term relationships with existing customers
• Assist the marketing team by reaching out to select customers who have recently cancelled membership products in order to understand how ELI can improve its products
• Proven experience in sales and business development
• Knowledge and familiarity with the meetings, events, and hospitality industries
• Proven ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as within a team
• Experience with CRM software and maintaining sales funnels
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong long-term business relationships
• Understanding of sales and business development performance metrics
• Ability to deliver engaging and professional presentations via web-conference (Zoom calls)
• Proficient in preparing PowerPoint Presentations and building client facing proposals
• This is a remote position. You must have access to a secure computer with appropriate software such as Microsoft Office, a webcam with a microphone, and reliable internet.
This is a contract position with the flexibility to maintain your own schedule providing that you maintain availability during regular business hours to respond to client emails and phone calls. The contract term is one month with the possibility of extension, or renewal on a monthly basis depending on the needs of the business.
How To Apply
Individuals – To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please note that only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.