Venue Sales Certificate
Are you looking to increase your venue’s bookings? If so, arm yourself with the strategies and tactics you need to succeed. In this detailed course, we’ll dissect the elements that go into a successful sales strategy for a wide range of event venues. Participants will leave with the confidence and tools to navigate your clients’ needs, close more in-bound inquiries, and prospect to develop new leads. This course is designed for banquet, catering or event sales managers responsible for booking their venues for private events, meetings, and conferences.
Where and how to find new leads.
How to develop winning proposals.
How to effectively negotiate a win-win agreement.
How to effectively close the sale.
SCROLL DOWN to see more details including a breakdown of course content, learner testimonials, and FAQ’s.
Start Date: July 7, 2020
Length: 6 Weeks Online
Instructor & Content:
CMP Clock Hours: 15
Course Cost: $595 USD
ELI Member Price: $476 USD*
Not yet an ELI member? Sign up today for only $25/month to gain access to over 180 on-demand video courses, interviews & more, plus save 20% on this and other multi-week professional development courses! CLICK HERE to learn more and sign up!
* Click “Register Now” to check availability and deadlines. Cannot be combined with any other offers.
With over 20 years of industry experience, Howard Givner is a widely recognized expert and innovator in the field of events, business growth strategy, technology and education. Howard is the Founder and Executive Director of the Event Leadership Institute (which launched in April 2011), provider of best-in-class training and education for the events industry, through online, on-demand video classes, interviews with industry leaders, white papers, webinars and live events.
He is the founder of Paint The Town Red, Inc., and the former CEO of North America for Global Events Group, the 13th largest event agency in the world, which acquired Paint The Town Red in 2008. During his tenure the company won over 30 industry awards. Howard is a Past President of the ILEA (International Live Events Association) NY Metro Chapter; has served on the board of directors of MPI (Meeting Professionals International) Greater NY Chapter as VP of Education; is a member of the BizBash NY Advisory Board; has served on the Advisory Board of Special Events Magazine; been a judge of the Gala Awards & HSMAI’s Adrian Awards. He is a frequent speaker at industry conferences on a wide range of topics. He has been profiled in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, National Public Radio, ABC News, The Apprentice, and USA Today, in addition to numerous trade media.
Howard is a consultant to companies in the hospitality, meetings and event industry, specializing in strategic planning, sales growth, management, and mergers & acquisitions, and selectively consults with business owners on a limited number of engagements.
Please note: While course content and videos have been developed and delivered by industry expert Howard Givner, learners will not have access to Howard directly. This course is facilitated by an industry leading instructor who guides and supports learners throughout the course, answers questions, provides feedback on assignments, grades quizzes and exams.
- The triple crime of the empty room
- Leveraging your time in the sales process
- The lost art of hospitality
- Dynamic pricing options
- The goal of the initial call or email exchange
- What information to gather
- What information to share
- How to evaluate the prospect
- Should you discuss price or date availability
- Sources of new leads
- Understanding the sales funnel
- Why people put off prospecting, and how to fix this
- Honing your elevator pitch
- How to vary your pitch based on who you’re pitching
- ‘Pull Prospecting’: getting prospects to come to you
- Networking tips
- How to identify additional leads from an existing account
- Tips for using Google to find event leads within an organization
- Tips for using Linked In to find event leads within an organization
- Tips for finding email addresses within an organization
- Association events
- Meetings & conferences
- 3rd party referral agents
- Points of differentiation with your competitors
- Objections & responses
- Features vs. benefits
- Advance prep
- How to structure the tour
- Little touches that make a big difference
- Customizing the tour
- Identifying & addressing decision making factors
- Understanding the decision making process
- Comparing your proposal to the competition’s
- What’s the ideal format for a proposal
- Understanding negotiating styles
- Maintaining price integrity
- Identifying common tactics and how to respond
- Avoiding the “divide and conquer”
How does the course work?
Participants will log into our private Learning Management System, where each week approximately 2 hours of new lesson content will be released. Lesson content will usually be in video format, broken into digestible chapters of approximately 5-10 minutes each, and may be supplemented with PDFs or links to external articles. The lessons may be viewed at any time once they are released, and you can complete the lesson videos at your own pace. Short quizzes and assignments may be given to help reinforce learning outcomes.
What if I’m busy one week and can’t get to the material?
At the end of this 6 week online course, we provide participants an additional four weeks to catch up if they were unavailable for any portion of the course (hey, we know planners are busy).
When/how can I contact the instructor during the course?
The instructor’s teaching assistant will be available to answer questions and provide feedback at set times each week. Outside of those hours, the instructor will make every effort to respond to emails within two business days. (Keep in mind our instructors are subject matter experts who are actively working on events.)
Tell me about your learning guarantee?
The Event Leadership Institute stands behind all of its content. If you feel you didn’t learn what you expected to in this course, just let us know within 30 days of the final lesson and we’ll give you a full refund.
The Event Leadership Institute stands behind all of its content. If you feel you didn’t learn what you expected to in this course, just let us know within 30 days of your last lesson and we’ll give you a full refund. Click here to view our refund policy and full terms & conditions.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account