- This course is now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Program Type: Certificate with Credential
Length: 10 Weeks Online
Instructor: Kevin White, CSEP
CMP Clock Hours: 36
Course Cost: $995 USD
ELI Members Price: $796 USD*
*Not yet an ELI member? Sign up today for only $25/month to gain access to over 180 on-demand video courses, interviews & more, plus save 20% on this and other multi-week professional development courses! CLICK HERE to learn more and sign up!
Event & Meeting Management Fundamentals Certificate Course
If you’re looking to become an event or meeting planner, or you’ve been planning events for a while but never got proper training, this is the ultimate course for you. Here you’ll get a thorough understanding of how events work, why people and companies host events, how the industry is configured, and how to strategically plan and coordinate a typical event from A to Z.
This course will cover the role of events in today’s world, budgets and goals, workflow management, venue selection and negotiation, room layouts and seating formats, food and beverage, entertainment and speakers, design and decor, transportation and logistics, registration and check-in, hybrid meetings, apps and technology, basic lighting, audio visual, and more.
- Understand how to create an event that achieves specific objectives for the host/client.
- Design a planning process that incorporates budgeting, project management, communication and evaluation tools.
- Have an understanding of the various event elements (food and beverage, design, entertainment, site selection, etc.) and how to cost-effectively employ them.
- Understand the role of the planner on site at the event, and the mindset necessary to oversee successful event coordination.
We’re here to help! Feel free to contact email@example.com if you need any help at all during your course, or if you have any questions.
We look forward to a great class together!
The Event Leadership Institute Team