ABOUT THE EVENT LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
- What is the Event Leadership Institute?
- Who is the Event Leadership Institute for?
- What makes the Event Leadership Institute different from other event education options?
ON DEMAND CONTENT & SUBSCRIPTIONS
- What's with the Money Back Guarantee?
- Is my credit card info safe?
- Are the Professional Development Courses included in the subscription to the On Demand content?
- How can I use my promo code?
- Can I share my classes with my friends and colleagues?
- Can I purchase a course on behalf of someone else or as a gift?
- How can I buy classes for my employees?
- Do you offer student discounts?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- How can I view/print a receipt?
- How can I download a report showing my CMP credits?
- Do I have to watch the whole class at once?
- How can I keep track of the classes I've taken?
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES
- How are the Professional Development Courses different from a subscription to the On Demand Library?
- I've never taken an online course before. How do the Professional Development Courses work?
- What are the different types of course structure for online and hybrid learning?
- I'm having trouble logging into the learning management platform. Who do I contact?
- Does everyone have to view the lessons at the same time?
- Are the quizzes and assignments graded and/or count in my final grade?
- How does the testing process work for the Professional Development Courses?
- I didn't pass the online final exam. Can I retake the test?
- Will I earn a Certificate of Completion?
- What if I'm busy one week and can't get to the material?
- Can I binge watch lessons if I fall behind?
- What if I am still unable to complete the course in the allotted time and need an extension?
- Who is teaching these Professional Development Courses?
- I notice some of your Professional Development Courses are offered in person. Do you have plans to launch any courses in other cities?
- Do you offer the Professional Development Courses for businesses or private group training?
- Where can I find the most current listing of Professional Development Courses?
DIGITAL CREDENTIALS AND CMP CREDITS
- Do your programs count as Continuing Education Credits toward my CMP (Certified Meeting Professional)?
- What is a Digital Credential and how do I earn one?
BECOMING AN INSTRUCTOR
- How can I become an ELI Instructor?
- How much time is involved in being an Instructor?
- How can I submit a white paper, e-book, or other written content?
- Why does my streaming video keep pausing?
- Why have I been logged out of my account?
- Can I download the classes I've purchased to my desktop?
- Can I watch video classes from multiple computers?
- Can I watch a class on my iPad or other tablet or mobile device?
- I'm having technical problems, who should I contact?
- How can I find out when new content is added?
- Where can I find student feedback about courses and/or their experience with the Event Leadership Institute?
- I have a question about class material. Who should I contact?
- My question isn't listed above, who should I contact?
ABOUT THE EVENT LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
What is the Event Leadership Institute?
The Event Leadership Institute is the nexus for the most progressive education, training, best practices and insights within the event industry, all delivered to you by top subject-matter experts from around the world. We provide barrier-free, online, on demand education and intensive professional development courses for event professionals. Our goal is to empower and educate event professionals and give them the tools and resources to create, plan and execute better events. We want planners to be as knowledgeable as possible when dealing with their vendors, clients, employees and bosses.
Who is the Event Leadership Institute for?
If you are interested in events, the Event Leadership Institute is for you! The events industry has grown dramatically in recent years and is slated to grow by 33% in the next decade; however the education and training offerings available are falling behind. Whether you're a novice planner looking to enter the events industry, or a seasoned veteran seeking deeper expertise in a specific area, you'll find the training and answers you need here.
What makes the Event Leadership Institute different from other event education options?
We believe the following benefits make our platform unique.
Curated Content: Most conferences, webinars and live industry events provide little or no program development. Instructors usually just show up; sometimes the classes have good content that is well organized and presented and other times the content is sup par. By contrast, we spend 10 hours on average with each instructor for every 30 minutes of class content.
Education Guarantee: The Event Leadership Institute stands behind all of its content. If you feel you didn't learn what you expected to in this course, just let us know within 30 days of the final lesson for Professional Development Courses or 30 Days after your On Demand Purchase and we'll give you a full refund.
Unbundled Micro-Learning: Our On Demand classes are designed to be broken down into individual video chapters that average 3-10 minutes long. This taps the growing trend toward breaking down educational offerings into the smallest "munchable" nuggets. You can watch an entire class end-to-end, or jump right to the section you need.
Subject Matter Experts: Our classes are taught by people who know their subject matter cold. They share a passion for their craft, and a desire to share their knowledge with their industry. In fact, many of them are so committed to educating others in the field that they give away some proprietary resources, processes, and secrets as part of their classes.
ON DEMAND CONTENT & SUBSCRIPTIONS
What's with the Money Back Guarantee?
At the Event Leadership Institute we stand behind our content. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will refund your money within 30 days of your purchase date for on demand individual courses and annual subscriptions. For monthly subscriptions, we will refund your purchase within 7 days of your first month's purchase, provided you have viewed less than 3 classes. For Professional Development Courses, let us know within 30 days after your final lesson.
Is my credit card information safe?
Yes. We utilize industry leader Stripe to process all credit card information; we don't store any of it ourselves. Stripe is uncompromising when it comes to providing merchants with secure, trustworthy payment gateway services. For more information, please visit www.stripe.com.
Are the Professional Development Courses included in the subscription to the On Demand content?
No, the Professional Development Courses are not included in any subscription pricing. ELI Members do receive a 20% discount when registering.
How can I use my promo code to purchase a Professional Development Course?
To enter your discount code on the registration page of your course choice, select the number of registrations you are purchasing. To the right in the registration page window, you will be able to enter your discount code and click 'APPLY' to calculate the total tuition amount.
Can I share my classes with my friends and colleagues?
Classes purchased on the ELI site are licensed for individual use only. If you would like to share the material, you can use the "Share This Class" link to notify friends and colleagues that they might enjoy purchasing the class themselves. You may also consider purchasing a Group Plan for your team. For more information on Group Plans please contact email@example.com.You can also download information on Group Plans here.
Can I purchase a course on behalf of someone else or as a gift?
Yes - e-mail us at info@EventLeadershipInstitute.com and we can coordinate your gift subscription.
How can I buy classes for my employees?
We have a number of Group Training Plans available depending on the size of your team. Visit our pricing page for more details. We can also design custom programs for that can be executed live or online. In addition, we are also working on enabling a testing engine for each of our classes. Please email Info@EventLeadershipInstitute.com.
Do you offer student discounts?
We do not offer individual student discounts. However, we do have a dynamic Collegiate Support Program where our videos are used as a replacement, or supplement, to traditional textbooks. In this program we offer a 40% discounted student subscription that runs the duration of their academic semester. These programs must be set up by the class professor.
How do I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel your subscription at any time. When logged into your account, click the 'Billing' section on your dashboard to take you to view your past statements. On your last billing statement, click the blue 'View' button to manage your payment information and membership status.
How do I view/print a receipt?
When logged into your account, click the 'Billing' section on your dashboard to take you to view your past statements.
How can I download a report showing my CMP credits?
When logged onto your account, click 'Transcripts' on your dashboard where you will be able to download your transcript of CMP credits.
Do I have to watch the whole class at once?
No, we know you are busy so our classes are broken up into smaller chapters specifically to give you flexibility to watch them whenever you want, and in any order you want. Once you watch a chapter you'll see a "√" mark on the right hand side of the Table of Contents indicating you've already viewed it.
How can I keep track of the classes I've taken?
You can see a list of classes you have taken by logging in and clicking on "my classes" in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Within the class pages you will see that chapters that you have already viewed will be identified with a green check mark.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES
How are the Professional Development Courses different from a subscription to the On Demand Library?
Our Professional Development Courses provide a more in-depth learning experience, featuring an instructor-led syllabus with assignments, assessments and other interactive features, delivered over a specific time frame. Upon completion, you'll earn a certificate, and in most courses be eligible to earn a digital credential from the Event Leadership Institute.
A subscription to the On Demand Library is more of a self-paced learning model where by you may take classes on your own though there is no instructor, quizzes or final exam.
I've never taken an online course before. How do the Professional Development Courses work?
Learners will log into our private Learning Management System (LMS), where each week approximately 2 hours of lecture materials are presented, and your instructor will send a weekly email introducing the topic of each week.
- Lesson content will usually be in video format, broken into digestible chapters, and may be supplemented with PDFs or links to external articles.
- The lessons may be viewed at any time once they are released, and you can complete the lesson videos at your own pace.
- Short quizzes and assignments may be given to help reinforce learning outcomes.
- Group discussion forums are usually also utilized, where students can pose questions to the class, and instructors can start discussions around pertinent topics.
What are the different types of course structure for online and hybrid learning?
- Asynchronous. Learners and instructor are not online at the same time. The instructor posts lesson videos, assignments, quizzes or other content, usually at the same time each week. You can log in and complete the lesson on your own schedule during the course. Unless otherwise indicated, most of our online courses are done this way to accommodate the varying schedules and time zones of our learners.
- Synchronous. Learners and instructor are online at the same time for lesson delivery and discussion. In addition to this, your instructor may add an asynchronous component, such as posting lesson videos and materials for you to view at your schedule prior to the class meeting online together.
- Online vs. In Person. Online courses may be delivered as asynchronous or synchronous. In person courses are synchronous, meaning learners and instructor are in the room at the same time.
- Hybrid/Flipped Course. A hybrid or flipped class combines online and in person content delivery. Typically learners are asked to watch instructional videos online at some point prior to coming to class. Then in class they use the time for more interactive elements such as group discussion, case study analysis, guest speakers, field trips, team exercises, etc.
- Self-Paced Course. Our online courses typically have start and end dates, encouraging a group, or 'cohort', to go through the program together. However sometimes learners want or need to take a course at a specific time and can't wait until the next start date. In those cases they take the course self-paced. The course runs the same time frame and covers the exact same material, but the learner can start it whenever it is convenient for them.
I'm having trouble logging into the learning management platform. Who do I contact?
Please attempt to reset your password and check your spam folder if you do not see the login email in your inbox first. If you continue to encounter issues receiving the password reset email, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help troubleshoot your issues accessing the system, or manually reset your password.
Does everyone have to view the lessons at the same time?
No. You can view the material whenever you like once each week's lesson is posted. Since students are in very different time zones and have different professional schedules, this provides a great deal of flexibility.
Are the quizzes and assignments graded and/or count in my final grade?
No, assignments and assessments do not affect your overall final grade with the course. Rather, they are used to gauge your grasp of the lecture materials. Our course instructors and TA are available to provide your assignments and assessments with constructive feedback, however. We encourage our learners to utilize the resources available to them and take these assignments and assessments seriously to take away the most out of the course. In order to pass the course, you must complete the entire course in full and finish the final exam with a score of 80 or higher to receive your Certificate of Completion and ELI Digital Credential.
How does the testing process work for the Professional Development Courses?
We've partnered with an online proctoring team to help administer our final exams. Once the testing window has been announced, you may schedule your exam 24/7 though we require a minimum of 72-hour advance notice to book your exact testing time. After logging into our testing website, a proctor will verify that you are the correct test-taker and administer the exam.You will be required to have a web camera for the test, as well as download a chat applet so that the proctor may view your desktop and speak with you in real-time.
I didn't pass the online final exam. Can I retake the test?
Yes. There is a $75 exam retake fee. To purchase your retake registration click here.
Will I earn a Certificate of Completion?
Yes, should you finish all the lecture materials and score a minimum of 80% on the final exam, you will receive a Certificate of Completion and ELI Digital Credential for the course. Should CMP continuing education credits be offered, a minimum of 80% or higher and completion of all course requirements is needed to earn all achievements for your event planning course.
What if I'm busy one week and can't get to the material?
At the end of each online planning course, we provide participants an additional four weeks to catch up if they were unavailable for any portion of the course (hey, we know planners are busy).
Can I binge watch lessons if I fall behind?
Yes. We know event professionals are busy, so if your schedule overwhelms you for a few weeks, you can binge watch and catch up. We also leave the learning management system open for several weeks following the course's final lesson, for you to catch up and review material.
What if I am still unable to complete the course in the allotted time and need an extension?
We offer extended access to our Professional Development Courses on a monthly basis for $50/month (up to three months). To purchase an extension for your course, click here.
Who is teaching these Professional Development Courses?
We work with leading industry professionals who are (a) subject matter experts in their field, (b) excellent teachers and communicators, and (c) passionate about learning and raising the level of knowledge in our industry. Instructors average 15-20 years of experience, and typically have spoken at industry conferences and/or taught at universities.
I notice some of your Professional Development Courses are offered in person. Do you have plans to launch any courses in other cities?
We recognize that some people prefer to learn in person, as opposed to online, and have held in person versions of some of our courses in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, and Houston. Our goal is to be able to offer in person courses in more locations, but this is a function of instructor and venue availability, as well as ELI scheduling needs. As soon as a course is scheduled for in person delivery we will post it on our site, and will notify our database (so be sure you're on it!)
Do you offer the Professional Development Courses for businesses or private group training?
Yes, the Event Leadership Institute provides private training for corporations and other groups including our Professional Development Courses.These can be administered either online or in- person. In addition we also can customize learning based on your team's needs. We provide on-site workshops and seminars as well: including 90-minute half day, and multiple day training programs. In addition, we also offer individual evaluations and one-on-one coaching. To learn more, please click here.
Where can I find the most current listing of Professional Development Courses?
Courses rotate seasonally, though our most popular courses are typically offered several times per year. To see the current listing of courses being offered, visit the Professional Development Course overview page. Also, we recommend joining our mailing list as this is an excellent way to stay up-to-date on the latest course offerings and early registration discounts.
DIGITAL CREDENTIALS AND CMP CREDITS
Do your programs count as Continuing Education Credits toward my CMP (Certified Meeting Professional)?
Yes, most of our classes do count as Continuing Education credits toward a CMP, as we are mindful of the CMP Blueprint when developing content. The amount of credits correlates roughly to the length of time of a given class. The exact credit amount is posted on each individual class page.
What is a Digital Credential and how do I earn one?
Digital Credentials, also known as open badges, are the newest way for professionals to share their achievements and skills in the marketplace. You can share your credential on your email signature, LinkedIn profile, Facebook page, website, blog or other platform. Anyone who views it may click on it and be brought to a customized, individual verification page, which confirms who the planning credential was issued to, when it was issued, what was involved in earning it, and what it qualifies the earner to do.
Most of our Professional Development Courses offer the opportunity to earn an Event Leadership Institute, by scoring 80% or higher on a remote-proctored online final exam.
BECOMING AN INSTRUCTOR
How can I become an Event Leadership Institute Instructor?
If you have expertise in the event industry we'd love to hear from you! Click here to schedule a meeting with Mike Granek, President & COO of Event Leadership Institute to discuss it.
How much time is involved in being an Instructor?
We take our content very seriously, and as such spend an average of 7 hours helping develop class material with each instructor. In addition, the instructor is expected to know the subject matter cold, and to prepare as diligently for their taping as if they were speaking live. Instructors may also be requested to provide limited support to users who have purchased their class.
Why does my streaming video keep pausing?
Your web connection might be slower than the time it takes for you to view the videos. If this happens, pause the class and wait for more (or all) of it to load before you resume playing; it should now play without stopping. You can tell how much of the class has loaded by looking at the controller bar at the bottom of the player window. You will see the bar fill in with gray, from left to right, as the class loads. Once the controller bar is completely filled in with gray, the class has finished loading and you should be able to seamlessly watch the course.
Why have I been logged out of my account?
Your session will be timed out after 2 hours at which point you may be asked to log back in.
Can I download the classes I've purchased to my desktop?
No, but they can be streamed through our site, which enables you to log in and watch them from wherever you are.
Can I watch video classes from multiple computers?
Yes, you can log in from any computer with your user id and password and watch any classes you've purchased; however your log in will only work on one computer at any given time.
Can I watch a class on my iPad or other tablet or mobile device?
Yes, however some of our earlier recorded classes are still in the process of being converted to tablet-friendly video formats. If you experience any issues, please let us know which class you're watching, and the device you are trying to view the course on.
I'm having technical problems, who should I contact?
If you are having technical problems please send an email to email@example.com.
Where can I find student feedback about courses and/or their experience with the Event Leadership Institute?
To read student feedback, please visit our Testimonial Page here.
I have a question about class material. Who should I contact?
Please contact the instructor directly by accessing the instructors profile and accessing their contact information. Our instructors are active event professionals and may only be able to offer limited support.
My question isn't listed above, who should I contact?
We're sorry we didn't answer your question here. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get your question answered as soon as possible.