What are encoders and transcoders? What is bandwidth, and how much do you need? These are just a few of the technical terms likely to come up when planning a virtual event. This class provides an overview and explanation for many common tech terms, giving you the knowledge to ask the right questions of potential platform providers and the confidence to decipher virtual features.
- Understand platform options, and the role of the streaming provider in your virtual event
- Learn how encoding and decoding affect video processing and overall video quality.
- Determine key questions to ask about the transcoding process.
- Understand the differences between bits and Bytes, and bandwidth requirements for online events with livestreaming compared to in-person events.
- Learn about basic equipment needs, including modems, routers, WiFi access points and capture cards.
This on-demand course is just the beginning of what it takes to develop, plan and manage a virtual event. We’ve developed Virtual Event & Meeting Management, an entire online certificate course — eligible for 20 CMP hours too! — designed to help planners build on their existing event management skillset and experience. Learn the fundamentals of planning virtual events with our next course starting soon!
ELI member? Log in now to view this course.
Not a member? Sign up today to view this course.See pricing